Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Cheers

It's Thanksgiving morning, and let me tell you, I'm pooped!

Mostly because I spent all day baking pies yesterday for this evening's big feast. I don't know how Cinnamon does it day in and day out. Making pie is a time-consuming, intensive endeavor. But it sure is worth it.

This year, I made a sour cream pumpkin pie with a gingersnap crust, along with a pear quince pie with a maple oatmeal crumble topping. I'm excited to see how they turned out tonight!

While I was baking last night, I have to admit that I did break into the whiskey to make myself a pre-holiday cocktail (I think I deserved it after all that work :). It turned out pretty tasty! Here's the recipe. I think it would be just as at home on the Christmas table as it would on the Thanksgiving table.

The Sophisticated Turkey
(Makes 1 drink)
Ingredients:
1 shot of Wild Turkey whiskey
1 shot of pomegranate juice
2 shots of cold apple cider

Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake until icy cold. Strain into sugar-clove rimmed martini glass, and serve. Enjoy (because you deserve it!)

For the sugar-clove rimmed martini glasses: Mix a pinch of clove and 1 tablespoon of sugar together on a plate. Use a lemon slice to moisten the edge of a martini glass. Dredge the edge in the mixture until coated.

Thankfully, my other family members are taking care of the rest of the meal today, so I can kick up my feet and enjoy the day!

Also, FYI, I'll be posting a cover preview for Madness in Christmas River next week, so watch out for it!

Hope you're all having a wonderful Thanksgiving out there!!!

MM


1 comment: