Friday, July 1, 2016

Updates, Updates, Updates!

Dear Readers,

I just thought I would drop a line here and wish you all a very Happy July. July happens to be one of my favorite months of the year - I love that Christmas makes a comeback this month, I love that the month starts with a holiday weekend, and I also love that I have a birthday this month. Yippeeee!!!



It's been a little while since I've checked in, so I thought I would write a short post and update you guys on two very exciting projects that I've been working on lately. The first project is the ninth book in the Christmas River series - Missing in Christmas River. I'm about two-thirds of the way through writing it, and I anticipate having it out on Amazon mid-to-late August. It's been great getting back to Christmas River, and I can't wait to share this new installment with you soon. More details to come in the weeks ahead!

One of the things I love so much about writing is that while you do your best to steer yourself in a certain direction in terms of schedule and plans, sometimes, you get totally caught up in the inspiration of something else that you didn't see coming at all. That's happened to me recently, and I started writing the first book of a new Christmas-inspired cozy mystery series. Murder on Mistletoe Row: A North Pole Cozy Mystery is the first in a brand new cozy mystery series that I'm about half-way through writing. It's a lighthearted, humorous series about an elf named Holly who gets banished from the North Pole to a small town in Oregon after getting on Mrs. Claus's bad side (never a good thing). I'm shooting for a September/October release date for this book, and ideally, hope to have the second out before Christmas. I've been having so much fun writing this one - and I always find that when I have this much fun writing a book, it usually turns out to be pretty enjoyable to read. More information to come soon.

So that's what I'm working on these next few months. It's going to be Christmas 24/7 for me between now and December! But I'm definitely not complaining :).

Wishing all of you a wonderful, wonderful Fourth of July weekend!

MM

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for both of your new books to be released. The new series sounds great and you know how much I love Christmas River. I'm very excited to hear your news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary! You are the best :). I hope you have a fantastic 4th of July weekend!

      Delete