Saturday, February 22, 2014

First Draft Celebration Cocktail

Hello and Happy Saturday!

It’s been nearly two months of hard writing, but I’ve finally finished the first draft of my latest cozy mystery, Burned in Broken Hearts Junction. It’s very exciting, but at the same time, I know I’m not out of the woods yet. Now the editing begins – which hands down is the hardest part of the publishing process! But while I’m taking a little break here from rewriting, adding, and chopping, I thought I would share with you a cocktail recipe that has something to do with the newest book. The main character in the new series is a matchmaker and a bartender at a small-town country western music saloon, and I think this drink is something she would definitely approve of. I’ll give you more details about my latest cozy in the days ahead, but for now, here’s a sweet and simple cocktail that’s perfect for a relaxing weekend (and for celebrating the completion of first drafts). J

The Honeybee 


1 ½ ounces of bourbon
2 ounces of honey lemon simple syrup (see recipe below)
½ ounce of lemon juice
 Dash of bitters

Add bourbon, honey lemon simple syrup, lemon juice and ice in metal shaker and shake well. Pour into ice-filled whiskey glass. Garnish with a slice of lemon. 

For honey lemon simple syrup (make ahead of time):
1 cup of honey
1 cup of water
Juice from half a lemon

Combine one honey, water and lemon juice in saucepan. Let simmer for five minutes on medium heat. Cool and place in refrigerator until ready to use.

 A warm and comforting sundowner if there ever was one. Enjoy the weekend, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment