Saturday, July 27, 2013

Music from Christmas River, Track 2

 When I was writing and editing Mayhem in Christmas River, I was listening to a lot of alt country songs that included musicians like John Hiatt, Dwight Yoakam, Hayes Carll, Ryan Bingham, Lindi Ortega, and Drive-By Truckers. I had this playlist going on repeat for days and days while working on this book, and the music really helped get me through some of my most doubtful moments. One of the songs that I found to be very helpful was You Got Another by Drive-By Truckers. Drive-By Truckers is this serious, hardcore alt-country southern band that completely went under my musical radar until recently. And then once I got a hold of one of their albums, I couldn’t get enough of them. Their songs get better and better with every listen. While a lot of their music is hard-driving rock, You Got Another is this really beautiful, sad song sung by the band’s former bass player. It’s a song that I think Cinnamon would really be able to identify with given her past, and one that’s really worth a listen if you’ve got a moment. So here it is: enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment